Thursday, March 7, 2013

Stamped Tile Coasters

 
These precious coasters are so fun to make and are a great gift you can personalize for anyone!
  
Materials you will need:
4 - 4"x4" Tumbled Tiles
Staz-on ink pad
Rubber stamps of choice
16 - Felt pads (to avoid scratches)
 

I usually get my tiles from a local tile store that has 48 tiles to a box but if you are just looking to make a couple of sets, any home improvement store will have them in their tile section. Just make sure none of them are broken or have huge holes in them. Once I remove the tiles from the box I use a wet rag to wipe off the excess dust. This will make the ink stick better.
 
  
 I then go ahead and put the felt pads on the bottom of them (one in each corner) so they will not scratch the surface you set them on.
Now it is time to get creative. StazOn inkpads are by far the best ink I have come across and come in a variety of colors. It is permanent so it will not bleed when you set a drink on top of the coaster. I bought mine 40% off at Hobby Lobby. Stamp on your image and let them dry completely.
 
Here are some I have made...
 
 
 

 
Stack them up and tie together with a bow. Now you have the perfect gift anyone would love to have.

 

 


2 comments:

  1. Do you use Modge Podge or something else to make it stick and stay on that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Question: it looks like a scrapbook paper as the background? Or is that a stamp also?

    ReplyDelete